At Beck Row Primary Academy there are equal opportunities for all children. We aim to provide an environment in which all children, including those with special educational needs, can develop physically, intellectually and emotionally at a pace suited to their individual need and where all children have an equal opportunity to access the curriculum in order to realise their full potential.
We encourage, in all members of our school, a code of positive behaviour, which promotes consideration, and tolerance of the needs of others. We believe that every child should feel able to make a valued contribution to school life in order that self-confidence and self-esteem can develop. This takes into consideration the Children and Families Act 2014.
The person responsible for co-ordinating SEND and inclusion at Beck Row Primary Academy is Mrs N. Flack, the school’s SENDCo. If you have any additional questions or queries regarding SEND, please do not hesitate to contact her to arrange a meeting or a phone call via the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas of SEND
- A pupil has SEN where their learning difficulty or disability calls for special educational provision, that is provision different from or additional to that which are normally available to pupils of the same age.
- Special educational needs and provision can be considered as falling under four broad areas:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, mental and emotional health
- Sensory and / or physical
Our Information Report may help to provide more information of SEND at Beck Row Primary Academy: SEN information report Trust statement 2018 Website
Local Offer and SEN Hub
Please click here for the School’s Local Offer through the Mildenhall SEN Hub.
The School also forms part of Suffolk’s local offer which can be accessed at: