At Beck Row Primary Academy we teach the National Curriculum – please click below for more details.
Additional information about the curriculum can be found in this booklet.
We have developed our overarching vision and aims for our curriculum which supports those of our Trust:
ATT Curriculum Commitment Top 10
All learners in an ATT academy will experience a curriculum that is:
- Ambitious, challenging and engaging through knowledge and skills developed from Foundation Stage to Post 16 and Adult provision.
- Knowledge rich, ensuring access to a wide, global cultural capital – thus maximising lifetime opportunities.
- Inclusive, nurturing and tailored towards the needs of the individual.
- Focused on developing the very best literacy, numeracy and digital skills – enabling access to the widest learning and the very best careers possible.
- Enriching, ensuring all experience a rich variety of cultural, artistic and sporting activities.
- Broad in terms of coverage and (at least) encompassing the breadth of the 2014 English National Curriculum.
- Celebrates the uniqueness of each educational setting in terms of localised knowledge and skills.
- Develops character, personal pride and the highest moral standards.
- Celebrates diversity, challenges injustice, promotes equality and encourages the creation of a better world.
- Delivered by very well-qualified, up to date, skilled, passionate
Beck Row Primary Academy Overarching Curriculum Statement
All learners at Beck Row Primary Academy will experience a curriculum that:
- Is consistent with the ATT curriculum commitment to be ambitious, challenging and engaging.
- Develops pupils’ understanding and enables them to acquire key knowledge and skills in each subject of the national curriculum.
- Prepares pupils are able to achieve in the next stage of their education and adult life.
- Enables pupils to apply our key values of enquiry, resilience, adaptability, cooperation, respect, morality, thoughtfulness and international mindedness in their learning.
- Develops pupils’ personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development alongside academic achievement.
Please use the subject specific links to find out more and use the link below to see our summary curriculum document.
Fundamentally we believe that learning should be enjoyable, relevant and memorable so we use the International Primary Curriculum to ‘theme’ much of the National Curriculum into exciting, cross curricular learning units for our pupils in Year 1 to Year 6. The IPC is a comprehensive, thematic, creative curriculum, with a clear process of learning and specific learning goals for every subject. It also develops international mindedness and encourages personal learning.
To find out more about the IPC click the image below:
To see an overview of our topic themes please click below:
We promote the British Values of:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.